Stained Glass Window Panel
- White paper on which to draw
- Water colours and brushes or markers etc
- A small amount of cooking oil
- A thick black marker
- Draw the outline of figures, buildings, trees or flowers in pencil.
- Connect the figures etc by drawing shapes around and between them.
- Colour in the figures and shapes in strong colours using watercolours, pastels, markers or crayons.
- Outline the figures and shapes with thickish black marker.
- Turn the page over on to a sheet of newspaper and lightly paint the back with cooking oil.
- Leave the picture resting between two sheets of newspaper overnight to dry.
- Next day tape the picture to a windowpane with clear cello-tape.
- The oil makes the paper translucent
When the picture is taped to an inside window with a room light or lamp shining behind it the stain-glass feature of the picture is highlighted once darkness falls and the lights are switched on.