- 225gms pure butter
- 125gms icing sugar
- 275gms plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 50gms crystallised ginger, finely chopped.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy, fold in the flour, salt and ginger.
- Mix with wooden spoon until it resembles soft pastry dough.
- Form a ball of dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured board.
- Break off pieces the size of a walnut, roll into a ball with lightly floured hands, place on a baking tray leaving space between each one as they spread out in the baking.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn out on a wire tray to cool and keep in an airtight tin.